In honor of PRIDE month, we’ve decided to share this scrumptious rainbow smoothie recipe. It’s a perfect summer smoothie, filled with healthy organic fruits and veggies to keep you cool and hydrated.
What you’ll need:
- Bowl for each color
- Small spoon
- Red layer – ½ cup raspberries, 3 strawberries
- Orange layer – 1 orange, ½ banana, 2 raspberries (can add a few inches of carrot to make more orange)
- Yellow layer – 3 rounds or 6 squares of pineapple, 2 tablespoons of White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt
- Green layer – 2 kiwis, handful of green kale or spinach
- Blue layer – ½ banana, 2 squares of pineapple, 1 teaspoon of blue spirulina
- Purple layer – ½ cup blueberries, 2 tablespoons of White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt
- Wash fruit thoroughly
- Optional: place fruit in freezer until frozen. You can use unfrozen fresh fruit. I chose to freeze the fruit because I prefer the texture and consistency of frozen fruit once blended.
- Place all ingredients for each layer in a separate bowl.
- Blend ingredients for each layer separately. Remember to rinse the blender between each layer.
- Pour each layer back into their individual bowl
- Scoop small spoonfuls of each layer and gently drop them into a glass, starting from the edges/side of the glass.
- Happy PRIDE month! Enjoy!!